Thursday, April 7, 2011

in the bright light of day

Regret is a painfully uncomfortable feeling, and hindsight an important lesson to learn.

Sometimes it is after the event, when retelling it, that we're able to identify our mistakes. Shame, confusion, guilt are all commonly a result.

I could ponder my mistake and be upset for days, but I need to swallow my pride, brush off my bad feelings, and get on with it. I'm learning my lessons the hard way, and repeatedly in such a short amount of time, making the pain more oppressive, and my thoughts of shame difficult to deal with.

It's time for me to bring more self-awareness into my interactions with others, and for me to hold my tongue, and think before I speak. Hopefully with practice I can become conscious of how I may be perceived by others, and have more control over the impression I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment